Volume 1, Number 2
· Edson Williams presented on Feb 26, at Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design. Details of the event can be found in Non-Sequiturs below.
· Anark Studios presented on Mar 26, at Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design, ASIFA-Colorado introduced the Studio speaker. Details of the event can be found in Non-Sequiturs below.
· Board Excerpts, from the meeting held on Mar 12th.
· Upcoming events were discussed – see details in the Upcoming Events section of the newsletter. Thoughts about larger venues were brought up.
· A Mission Statement was agreed upon and is presented below after Non-Sequiturs.
· The benefits of membership was discussed and outlined. These benefits will be listed in this newsletter once the list has been finalized by the board.
April 30th at at RMCAD. Impossible Pictures of Broadcast Advertising will discuss 2d/3d and live action compositing.
May 28th at at RMCAD. Mighty Fudge Studios and Big Toe Productions will discuss the festival circuit and their love of animation.
· In the works
Jaleco 3d Tools to talk about Xbox titles. Alex Lindsay and DVGarage to discuss hardbody animation.
· Currently the Arizona International Film Festival, Houston WorldFest and Nab2003 are ongoing.
· Edson Williams
Feature Film Special Effects Supervisor and Artist
Edson lived and worked in
· Anark Studios
Anark is a cutting edge 3D software production company. Their product, Anark Studio, is a 3D animation / presentation tool for the web, CD Roms, kiosks, and screensavers. The staff from Anark talked about what their program can do, as well as a demonstration of the production pipeline that is used to create the 3d interactive media presentations with this software package. See them online at www.anark.com.